About this Role
SeaWorld San Diego has exciting opportunities for Event Performers to bring our special and seasonal events to life. Opportunities include:
- Cultural Host Performers represent countries from around the world at the Seven Seas Food Festival. Applicants for these positions should demonstrate an ability to memorize cultural facts and detailed menu descriptions and enthusiastically engage with guests throughout the day in an outdoor environment.
- Accent work and formal acting experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- Rehearsals take place in early May.
- Performance dates are every Saturday & Sunday, May through June, with approximately 8-10 hours scheduled per day. Don't miss your chance to be part of this exciting event!
- Improvisational and Character Actors for various themed park areas.
- SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular: Performers to portray the Pumpkin Princess, the King of Candy, members of the school of fish, and other fun characters.
- SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration: Performers to portray Santa’s Elves, Mrs. Claus, the Nutcracker, the Peppermint Princess and other North Pole friends.
Starting Hourly Rehearsal Pay Rate: $18.00
Starting Hourly Performance Pay Rate: $25.00
Prepare for the Audition
- Prepare a one minute comedic, family-friendly monologue.
- Practice your timing. Be sure not to rush the moments in your piece and remember that you're not just reading words... think about the emotion behind what you're saying and play the part.
- In addition to your prepared piece, you may be asked to read, learn additional material, or participate in improvisational exercises.
- Auditioning can be a lengthy process; you may be asked to stay for a callback.
- Prepare a resume and headshot, which will be retained by the audition team.
Click here to view our Upcoming Auditions