Before the Audition
Apply online prior to the audition
Visit BuschGardensJobs.com to complete an application prior to the audition.
Reference the job posting in the audition notice.
Showcase yourself at your best
- Please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the posted audition call. You will be seen in the order in which you arrive, based on talent type.
- Your audition begins the moment you arrive.
- Auditioning can be a lengthy process; you may be asked to stay for a callback. Please be patient.
- You are encouraged to bring water and/or snacks.
Choose Appropriate Attire
- Appropriate clothing and undergarments are required to participate in an audition.
- Costumes are not appropriate attire for auditions.
Auditions with a Movement Portion
- Please wear form-fitting dance attire that allows a full range of movement.
- Bring ballet shoes, jazz shoes, character heels, and/or taps, and wear the appropriate footwear for each combination and/or the role you are auditioning for.
- Stretch BEFORE the audition.
Prepare a Headshot and Resume
- Bring a picture that looks like you. Heavy photo-shopping, dramatic appearance changes, etc. may pose challenges when reviewing your audition.
- Please do not use selfies in place of a headshot.
Practice Your Prepared Material
Prepare a one minute comedic, family-friendly monologue. Please no dramatic material.
Practice your timing. Be sure not to rush the moments in your piece and remember that you're not just reading words... think about the emotion behind what you're saying and play the part.
Choose fresh material that caters to the show/role you are auditioning for. Original material is not preferred.
Please do not improvise a monologue.
During the Audition
Finding Your Mark
- Most auditions are recorded. Please perform in the area as directed by the audition team to ensure you remain in the video frame.
- Showcase your personality with lots of energy.
- The audition team is rooting for you!
- Unlike reality TV auditions, feedback is never given. Asking the panel, audition monitors, or anyone associated with the audition for feedback is discouraged.